Development discussion of WireGuard
* Enable default route after establishing connection only
@ 2020-01-28  8:50 smith151
From: smith151 @ 2020-01-28  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

I am using default route on wireguard. And sometimes
remote server is not acceptable. The reasons may differ -
planned maintenance of server, internet troubles, blocked
IPs of server by country black list an so on.

In case when wireguard server is not reachable wireguard
client always setting default route via wg0 peer. And all
internet traffic is not available in this case. How can I
set up wireguard to enable default route after
establishing connection only?

I am using wireguard v.20200121 on Debian 10 buster. The
config file of client is very simple:

```
[Interface]
Address = 1.2.3.2
PrivateKey = ClientPrivateKey=

[Peer]
PublicKey = ServerPublicKey=
Endpoint = 1.2.3.1:51820
PersistentKeepalive = 25
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0,::/0
```

* Re: Enable default route after establishing connection only
@ 2020-02-11 13:59 ` Christophe Vanlancker
From: Christophe Vanlancker @ 2020-02-11 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: smith151; +Cc: wireguard

I think it's better to solve this at another level.

I use WireGuard on my phone, and I would rather have connections fail and me being aware of that rather than my connections working and falsely believing they are going through the tunnel.