Development discussion of WireGuard
* What has changed in the configuration file?
@ 2017-05-24  1:46 Bzzzz
From: Bzzzz @ 2017-05-24  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi list,

I made an update that just upgraded WG to 0.0.20170517-wg2~zesty (on
Debian machines), but this time I'm left behind:

# ip link add dev wg0 type wireguard
# wg setconf wg0 vpnserver0.conf
Line unrecognized: `Address=10.11.12.1/24'
Configuration parsing error

as 'man wg-quick' still contains an example using:
'Address = 10.200.100.8/24', I'm completely lost.

In fact, my configuration file is very close to the one described in
this man, so:

1- what has replaced the 'Address' primitive?

2- functional configuration files examples _updated_ on the site and in
   the man would be a nice idea.

Jean-Yves

* Re: What has changed in the configuration file?
@ 2017-05-24  1:56 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2017-05-24  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

wg-quick(8) is a wrapper around wg(8) that adds a few more
configuration keys, such as "Address=", "PostUp=", and so forth. Thus,
you should only use these augmented config files with wg-quick(8):

wg-quick up path/to/configuration.conf

* Re: What has changed in the configuration file?
@ 2017-05-24  2:08   ` Bzzzz
From: Bzzzz @ 2017-05-24  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 24 May 2017 03:56:46 +0200
"Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:

> wg-quick(8) is a wrapper around wg(8) that adds a few more
> configuration keys, such as "Address=3D", "PostUp=3D", and so forth. Thus,
> you should only use these augmented config files with wg-quick(8):
>=20
> wg-quick up path/to/configuration.conf

Oh, my bad, I thought they used the same file syntax.

But now, there's another PB (after deleting wg0, of course):

# wg-quick up vpnserver0
[#] ip link add vpnserver0 type wireguard
[#] wg setconf vpnserver0 /dev/fd/63
Line unrecognized: `PresharedKey=3D=E2=80=A6'
Configuration parsing error
[#] ip link delete dev vpnserver0

* Re: What has changed in the configuration file?
@ 2017-05-24  2:09     ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2017-05-24  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

As mentioned in the snapshot changelog email, PresharedKey is now a
property of the Peer, not the Interface.

If you have lots of random questions like this, feel free to find me
on IRC -- #wireguard on Freenode.

Jason

* Re: What has changed in the configuration file?
@ 2017-05-24  2:18       ` Bzzzz
From: Bzzzz @ 2017-05-24  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 24 May 2017 04:09:52 +0200
"Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:

> As mentioned in the snapshot changelog email, PresharedKey is now a
> property of the Peer, not the Interface.

Crap, again my bad :/

> If you have lots of random questions like this, feel free to find me
> on IRC -- #wireguard on Freenode.

I'll do that.

Thanks for your time, Jason.

Jean-Yves