Development discussion of WireGuard
* silly (?) questions
@ 2017-08-08  5:23 Bzzzz
From: Bzzzz @ 2017-08-08  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi mailinglisters,

The goal is to build an android app in python (I just discovered
Kivy, which seems very nice) that Tx/Rx a few bytes and secure all data
using a WG tunnel.

Does WG needs a root access under android to work correctly ?

If yes, is it possible to connect to a WG server directly from a python
program ?

What python library(ies?) would you recommend ?

Thanks in advance & regards.

Jean-Yves

* Re: silly (?) questions
@ 2017-08-08 11:05 ` Sebastiaan Stoffels
From: Sebastiaan Stoffels @ 2017-08-08 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Jean-Yves,

I just got back from Pycon AU and there was a session on Beeware which
has a great bunch of tools for cross platform GUI development (
including Android ). Well worth a look:

https://pybee.org/project/using/android-app/

You could then use the same code to package up an app for other
platforms. It even does installers and packaging!

Cheers

Seb
( up until now a lurker! )

On 08/08/2017 03:23 PM, Bzzzz wrote:
> Hi mailinglisters,
>

> The goal is to build an android app in python (I just discovered
> Kivy, which seems very nice) that Tx/Rx a few bytes and secure all data
> using a WG tunnel.
>

> Does WG needs a root access under android to work correctly ?
>
> If yes, is it possible to connect to a WG server directly from a python
> program ?
>
> What python library(ies?) would you recommend ?
>

> Thanks in advance & regards.
>
> Jean-Yves

* Re: silly (?) questions
@ 2017-08-08 14:06   ` Bzzzz
From: Bzzzz @ 2017-08-08 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastiaan Stoffels; +Cc: wireguard

On Tue, 8 Aug 2017 21:05:57 +1000
Sebastiaan Stoffels <seb@sebastiaan-stoffels.com> wrote:

Your post:
* doesn't address ANY of my questions,
* sounds more like a Bud commercial, minus the fun,

so, thanks, but no thanks.

JY

@ 2017-08-08 16:06     ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2017-08-08 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey Jean-Yves,

Just FYI, we're working on an Android app already. If you'd like to
make one yourself, the more the merrier, I guess, but it isn't
strictly necessary.

Jason

* Re: silly (?) questions
@ 2017-08-08 16:38       ` Bzzzz
From: Bzzzz @ 2017-08-08 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 8 Aug 2017 18:06:00 +0200
"Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:

> Hey Jean-Yves,

Hey Jay,

> Just FYI, we're working on an Android app already. If you'd like to
> make one yourself, the more the merrier, I guess, but it isn't
> strictly necessary.

As I'm not a developer, please=E2=80=A6 develop ;-)

Is there a possibility to launch (and stop) your app when
starting/stopping mine ? (on this particular project, I can't rely on
users to do that by themselves.)

JY

* Re: silly (?) questions
@ 2017-08-08 21:13 seb