Development discussion of WireGuard
* [wireguard-windows] Microsoft Store doesn't work when killswitch is enabled.
@ 2021-08-16 18:59 Kacper Michajlow
From: Kacper Michajlow @ 2021-08-16 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi,

I noticed an issue with Microsoft Store when Wiregaurd tunnel is
connected. When "killswitch" is enabled, MS Store doesn't work, it
says that "page could not be loaded". After some troubleshooting it
looks like the connection is dropped by the firewall (I see it in
logs). Source is my wg ip, destination is some akamai server, looks
legit, but it is dropped (both IPv4 and IPv6).

Do you have any idea why? Everything else works correctly. Is it some
UWP app quirk? If I disable "killswitch", traffic goes through the wg
tunnel and MS Store works, so it looks like the firewall shouldn't
drop this connection, when killswitch is enabled.

I searched for similar issues and only found this one
https://github.com/mullvad/mullvadvpn-app/issues/2845 looks like the
same symptoms and the guy reported that it works in Windows 11.
Regardless I would like to understand what is happening, maybe you
guys have more insight.

Best Regards,
Kacper

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-08-16 19:51 UTC | newest]