Development discussion of WireGuard
* Wireguard and Windows metrics priority
@ 2023-10-19  6:19 Tristan Camilleri
From: Tristan Camilleri @ 2023-10-19  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Dear all,

I hope that you are all well. We have a wireguard service running for
the VPN solution, and currently we are testing a scenario with the
Windows metrics. We are allocating the network adapter metrics as
follows:

VPN (Wireguard): 10

Ethernet adapters: 20

Wifi Adapters: 100

Bluetooth: 150

While configuring this, we were testing if this really works to prefer
wired over wifi or not. While having the wireguard service running and
connected to a wifi connection. We connected a LAN cable to the
device, but the device's connection traffic did not switch from WiFi
to wired. We tested this with the service of wireguard down, and it
switched automatically.

We wish that it would work when connected to wifi; it switches to
wired when the wireguard service is running.

Do you have any suggestions for this? Maybe you have encountered this.

Thanks and regards,

Tristan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-11-19 13:34 UTC | newest]