Development discussion of WireGuard
* breakage in policy routing on 5.3 and 5.3.1
@ 2019-09-24  8:47 Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2019-09-24  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi folks,

FYI, upstream Linux broke aspects policy routing in 5.3. This isn't
specific to WireGuard, but rather the policy routing engine in
general, but users of the wg-quick(8) bash script for configuring
networks might run into this if they're routing a default route and
have IPv6, because the bash script makes use of policy routing.

I sent two patches upstream to fix bugs introduced with 5.3:
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20190923144612.29668-1-Jason@zx2c4.com/
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20190924073615.31704-1-Jason@zx2c4.com/

The latter one appears to mitigate the problem, as confirmed by Arch
Linux users: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/63870

I'll update this thread when we know more from the netdev mailing list.

Thanks,
Jason

* Re: breakage in policy routing on 5.3 and 5.3.1
@ 2019-09-24 11:50 ` Michael Williams
From: Michael Williams @ 2019-09-24 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you Jason! This makes more sense as the issue did not appear
until the system reboot which would be consistent with the kernel not
WireGuard upgrade. Much appreciate your response.

Sent from my iPhone