Development discussion of WireGuard
* List of commercial WireGuard offerings
@ 2017-09-11 22:14 Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2017-09-11 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey,

Many people have asked me which companies have commercial for-profit
WireGuard offerings. Offhand I can think of 3 at the moment:

https://www.mullvad.net/guides/wireguard-and-mullvad-vpn/
https://www.azirevpn.com/wireguard
https://blackholecloud.com

I was curious if anybody knew of others to add to the list.

Jason

* Re: List of commercial WireGuard offerings
@ 2017-09-12  7:24 ` Kalin KOZHUHAROV
From: Kalin KOZHUHAROV @ 2017-09-12  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Great!

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 12:14 AM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:
> Many people have asked me which companies have commercial for-profit
> WireGuard offerings. Offhand I can think of 3 at the moment:
>
> https://www.mullvad.net/guides/wireguard-and-mullvad-vpn/
> https://www.azirevpn.com/wireguard

Those 2 seem to offer software client and/or DIY installation of
wireguard, super!

> https://blackholecloud.com

This seems to be more oriented towards non-DIY folks, you get
pre-configured hardware that works only with their service. BTW, the
bigger routers they use are great on their own, I have quite a few
around running OpenWRT or LEDE or something else self-compiled:
https://www.gl-inet.com/ (check the PoE, external antenna options!)
Of course, since they run OpenWRT/LEDE, they do support wireguard.

Cheers,
Kalin.

* Re: List of commercial WireGuard offerings
@ 2017-09-12  8:08 ` Eric Light
From: Eric Light @ 2017-09-12  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

For the record, Mullvad are great.  I've purchased a subscription there
as a direct result of their sponsorship of Wireguard.  I've also
recommended it to others.  :)

A: http://five.sentenc.es

@ 2017-09-12  9:11   ` Fredrik Strömberg
From: Fredrik Strömberg @ 2017-09-12  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Eric Light <eric@ericlight.com> wrote:
> For the record, Mullvad are great.  I've purchased a subscription there
> as a direct result of their sponsorship of Wireguard.  I've also
> recommended it to others.  :)

Thanks Eric! I'm happy to hear that you like our service. I've
forwarded your comments to the rest of the team.

One tiny detail though. Although Mullvad is a major "donor" of
WireGuard, we are not a "sponsor".

I found out about WireGuard in the summer of 2016. Mullvad then
started studying the specifications and experimenting with it. After a
few meetings with Jason, we made a donation in June 2017 to ensure
that he could focus primarily on WireGuard for the rest of the year.

We are completely aligned with his vision of WireGuard. Yet in order
for that vision to become reality, WireGuard needs to remain neutral
and independent of commercial influence.

Our motivation for donating to WireGuard is that it will improve our
products as well as the world. More specifically, it will move the
world closer to our own vision which is to make mass surveillance
ineffective.

Cheers,
Fredrik

@ 2017-09-13  8:59     ` Eric Light
From: Eric Light @ 2017-09-13  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi, Fredrik!  :)

You're right, I should have made a distinction between sponsorship and a
donation.  It's an important difference, and I'm glad to hear your
stance on it.

I share your excitement about the future of the project, and the
additional privacy it brings.  Thank you for your contribution to that
future!

@ 2017-09-16  2:28       ` jugs
From: jugs @ 2017-09-16  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: wireguard

Just to throw in my two cents, I've been using mullvad since they first announced their public test servers and have been very pleased and impressed with both the quality of service as well as their support. They continue to innovate in the VPN provider space as you can see when you sign up with them, they really go out of their way to make their service as private and anonymous as possible.

Mullvad :thumbs_up:

-jugs

@ 2017-09-26  9:06         ` Outback Dingo
From: Outback Dingo @ 2017-09-26  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jugs; +Cc: wireguard

Optim will soon be also offering commercial services

@ 2017-09-27 22:51           ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2017-09-27 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Outback Dingo; +Cc: wireguard

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Optim will soon be also offering commercial services

Got a link to some announcement or something about this? I have no
idea what Optim is and googling doesn't yield much.

Thanks,
Jason