Development discussion of WireGuard
* Client / Server help
@ 2017-04-25 10:48 Jamie Stuart
From: Jamie Stuart @ 2017-04-25 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi,
I=E2=80=99d like to trial transitioning our VPN system to WireGuard.
We currently have an Ubuntu server running OpenVPN with many ( > 50) =
clients (running OpenWRT) connecting to it periodically. Clients get =
addresses via DHCP from the server.
How would I go about transitioning this architecture to Wireguard? Note =
I have wg on both the clients and server already.

All help much appreciated!

Jamie, onebillion=

* Re: Client / Server help
@ 2017-04-25 11:18 ` Fredrik Strömberg
From: Fredrik Strömberg @ 2017-04-25 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 12:48 PM, Jamie Stuart <jamie@onebillion.org> wrote=
:
> Hi,
> I=E2=80=99d like to trial transitioning our VPN system to WireGuard.
> We currently have an Ubuntu server running OpenVPN with many ( > 50) clie=
nts (running OpenWRT) connecting to it periodically. Clients get addresses =
via DHCP from the server.
> How would I go about transitioning this architecture to Wireguard? Note I=
 have wg on both the clients and server already.

Hi Jamie,

Unless something has changed recently Wireguard doesn't support
dynamic provisioning of IP addresses (yet).

Cheers,
Fredrik

* Re: Client / Server help
@ 2017-04-25 13:21 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2017-04-25 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jamie,

What specifically are you wondering about? How to replace DHCP? In
general "how do I wireguard?" Not sure I understood the thrust of the
inquiry.

Jason