Development discussion of WireGuard
* Removing pre-shared key from peer using wg set fails
@ 2017-11-22 23:53 Tim Sedlmeyer
From: Tim Sedlmeyer @ 2017-11-22 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: WireGuard

Removal of the preshared-key from a peer using the 'wg set' command and
providing /dev/null or an empty file as the preshared-key filename does not
result in the key being removed from the peer. The command doesn't return
an error, but it also doesn't remove the key. I have attempted it using
0.0.20171111 and 0.0.20171122.

Supplying /dev/null or an empty file as the filename does work properly for
removing the interface private-key.

* Re: Removing pre-shared key from peer using wg set fails
@ 2017-11-23  0:20 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2017-11-23  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Tim,

Thanks for letting me know. This is a tools regression from
0.0.20171111, which I just fixed, based on your report:

https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/patch/?id=7153081da70006a8723474580543bd3223d1baf4

Let me know if this fixes the issue. It will be included in the next snapshot.

Regards,
Jason

* Re: Removing pre-shared key from peer using wg set fails
@ 2017-11-23  2:17   ` Tim Sedlmeyer
From: Tim Sedlmeyer @ 2017-11-23  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)