Development discussion of WireGuard
* What's the wireguard-tools
@ 2023-08-10  3:51 Hangbin Liu
From: Hangbin Liu @ 2023-08-10  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason A. Donenfeld; +Cc: wireguard

Hi Jason,

I'm maintaining the RHEL wireguard-tools rpm. Recently, There is a request to
convert the license tag in the spec file to SPDX format[1]. The current License
tag in wireguard-tools spec file is GPLv2, which is the same with the COPYING
in upstream. But when I searched the src files, I found there are kinds of
license identifier. e.g. GPL-2.0, LGPL-2.1+, MIT, GPL-2.0 OR MIT, etc.

Do you know which one I should use at the end? Should we unify the src files?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SPDX_Licenses_Phase_1

Thanks
Hangbin

* Re: What's the wireguard-tools
@ 2023-08-10 10:46 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2023-08-10 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hangbin Liu; +Cc: wireguard

Hi Hangbin,

On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 11:51:35AM +0800, Hangbin Liu wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> I'm maintaining the RHEL wireguard-tools rpm. Recently, There is a request to
> convert the license tag in the spec file to SPDX format[1]. The current License
> tag in wireguard-tools spec file is GPLv2, which is the same with the COPYING
> in upstream. But when I searched the src files, I found there are kinds of
> license identifier. e.g. GPL-2.0, LGPL-2.1+, MIT, GPL-2.0 OR MIT, etc.
>
> Do you know which one I should use at the end? Should we unify the src files?

The license is GPL-2.0.

Jason

* Re: What's the wireguard-tools
@ 2023-08-11  1:53   ` Hangbin Liu
From: Hangbin Liu @ 2023-08-11  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason A. Donenfeld; +Cc: wireguard

On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 12:46:57PM +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hi Hangbin,
>
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 11:51:35AM +0800, Hangbin Liu wrote:
> > Hi Jason,
> >
> > I'm maintaining the RHEL wireguard-tools rpm. Recently, There is a request to
> > convert the license tag in the spec file to SPDX format[1]. The current License
> > tag in wireguard-tools spec file is GPLv2, which is the same with the COPYING
> > in upstream. But when I searched the src files, I found there are kinds of
> > license identifier. e.g. GPL-2.0, LGPL-2.1+, MIT, GPL-2.0 OR MIT, etc.
> >
> > Do you know which one I should use at the end? Should we unify the src files?
>
> The license is GPL-2.0.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Hangbin