Development discussion of WireGuard
* Load Balancing and policy routing with Wireguard
@ 2019-02-09  9:20 Alexago
From: Alexago @ 2019-02-09  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

actually I use on my router (OpenWRT) two OpenVPN connections and one Wireguard connection (all VPN connections are client) over my WAN connection (1Gbps/500Mbps) with 2 different VPN providers (Mullvad and IVPN): for policy routing and load balancing, with these connections, I use MWAN3 package.

MWAN3 is useful to choose

- VPN connection based on source or destination address, port, for example
- load balancing two or more VPN connections, based on source, destination and port, for example

Now I would like to switch my two OpenVPN connections to Wireguard, so I would like to have three simultaneous Wireguard connections (obviously with 3 different Wireguard servers).

My problem is how to use simultaneous Wireguard connections (with allowed ips =0.0.0.0/0) and to leave to external package (like MWAN3) to choose routing policy and also load balancing.

I tried to configure two Wireguard connections but only one of these goes online, the other one is always offline: I think problem is multiple "0.0.0.0/0" allowed IPs.

Can you help me?

Thanks

* Re: Load Balancing and policy routing with Wireguard
@ 2019-02-17  8:36 ` Lucian Cristian
From: Lucian Cristian @ 2019-02-17  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

On 09.02.2019 11:20, Alexago wrote:
> Hi,
>
> actually I use on my router (OpenWRT) two OpenVPN connections and one
> Wireguard connection (all VPN connections are client) over my WAN
> connection (1Gbps/500Mbps) with 2 different VPN providers (Mullvad and
> IVPN): for policy routing and load balancing, with these connections,
> I use MWAN3 package.
>
> MWAN3 is useful to choose
>
>   * VPN connection based on source or destination address, port, for
>     example
>   * load balancing two or more VPN connections, based on source,
>     destination and port, for example
>
> Now I would like to switch my two OpenVPN connections to Wireguard, so
> I would like to have three simultaneous Wireguard connections
> (obviously with 3 different Wireguard servers).
>
> My problem is how to use simultaneous Wireguard connections (with
> allowed ips =0.0.0.0/0) and to leave to external package (like MWAN3)
> to choose routing policy and also load balancing.
>
> I tried to configure two Wireguard connections but only one of these
> goes online, the other one is always offline: I think problem is
> multiple "0.0.0.0/0" allowed IPs.
>
> Can you help me?
>
> Thanks

use another "server" port for the second vpn

Regards

* Re: Load Balancing and policy routing with Wireguard
@ 2019-02-17 15:09   ` Alexago
From: Alexago @ 2019-02-17 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard