Development discussion of WireGuard
* wg set fail to update endpoint if traffic is flowing
@ 2020-03-31  8:36 xtus
From: xtus @ 2020-03-31  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi,

I was trying to update dynamically the endpoint for an interface, using `reresolve-dns.sh` or something like the following:

# wg set <interface> peer "<publickey>" endpoint "<FQDN>:<port>"

But the endpoint did not change, even if the `wg set` returns successfully, with retcode `0`.

Changing something like `persistent-keepalive` does work.

I debugged a bit, and I saw that if traffic is flowing throw the wireguard interface, then the endpoint change via `wg set` does not take effect.

The set endpoint works only if no traffic is flowing.

Is this expected behavior?

Thanks,
xtus