zsh-users
* case insensitive filename generation
@ 2002-06-29 18:41 Vagn Johansen
From: Vagn Johansen @ 2002-06-29 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Is there way to get case insensitive filename generation as the default?

Basically, I want the globbing flag (#i) to be the implicit for all expa.. no, "generations"

Vagn Johansen

* Re: case insensitive filename generation
@ 2002-06-30  8:15 ` Borsenkow Andrej
From: Borsenkow Andrej @ 2002-06-30  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vagn Johansen; +Cc: zsh-users

В Сбт, 29.06.2002, в 22:41, Vagn Johansen написал:
> Is there way to get case insensitive filename generation as the default?
>
> Basically, I want the globbing flag (#i) to be the implicit for all
> expa.. no, "generations"

please, do not post in HTML.

No AFAIK zsh does not support it. It may be interesting addition aimed
at bash compatibility (and also be useful on case-insensitive file
systems like on Cygwin as example).

You can make completion case-insensitive so as a workaround you could
use ^Xe or like to expand pattern and insert it into command line.

-andrej

* Re: case insensitive filename generation
@ 2002-06-30 10:22   ` Vagn Johansen
From: Vagn Johansen @ 2002-06-30 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

>please, do not post in HTML.

OK, my mistake.

>No AFAIK zsh does not support it. It may be interesting addition aimed
>at bash compatibility (and also be useful on case-insensitive file
>systems like on Cygwin as example).

I have compiled my own version of zsh with case-insensitive globbing (on
cygwin). I had to change just one line.

>You can make completion case-insensitive so as a workaround you could
>use ^Xe or like to expand pattern and insert it into command line.

Yes, the manual describes how to completion case-insensitive.
But I can't quite see how ^Xe helps me.

@ 2002-06-30 15:17     ` Borsenkow Andrej
From: Borsenkow Andrej @ 2002-06-30 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vagn Johansen; +Cc: zsh-users

В Вск, 30.06.2002, в 14:22, Vagn Johansen написал:

> I have compiled my own version of zsh with case-insensitive globbing (on
> cygwin). I had to change just one line.

care to send a patch? Combined with proper option I would be the first
to vote for inclusion.

> >You can make completion case-insensitive so as a workaround you could
> >use ^Xe or like to expand pattern and insert it into command line.
>
> Yes, the manual describes how to completion case-insensitive.
> But I can't quite see how ^Xe helps me.

I mean you can add all matches to command line directly. But if you
already have a patch it is much better.

-andrej

* Re: case insensitive filename generation
@ 2002-06-30 20:26       ` Vagn Johansen
From: Vagn Johansen @ 2002-06-30 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

>From: "Borsenkow Andrej" <Andrej.Borsenkow@mow.siemens.ru>
>

>В Вск, 30.06.2002, в 14:22, Vagn Johansen написал:
>>
>> I have compiled my own version of zsh with case-insensitive globbing (on
>> cygwin). I had to change just one line.
>>

>care to send a patch? Combined with proper option I would be the first
>to vote for inclusion.

I will give it a try.

--

@ 2003-01-19 21:05       ` Le Wang
From: Le Wang @ 2003-01-19 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

 --- Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:
> On Jan 18,  6:22pm, Le Wang wrote:
> } Subject: Re: case insensitive filename generation
> }
> }  --- Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com>
> wrote:
> } > On Jan 18,  5:39pm, Le Wang wrote:
> } > }
> } > } zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list
> 'm:{a-z-}={A-Z_}'
> } > }
> } > } How would I do the exact same thing with
> filenames
> } >
> } > Filenames, where/when?
> }
> } I'm after the same behaviour in filename globbing.
>
> There's no setting that permanently turns on
> case-insenstive
> globbing.  (I believe the Cygwin compilation of zsh
> does so
> because the DOS/Windows file system is
> case-insensitive, but
> zsh does not do that on other platforms.)

Yeah, OK, when I think about it, a lot of things can
go wrong with scripts if there was such an option for
all platforms...

--
Le

* Re: case insensitive filename generation
@ 2003-01-19  6:36     ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2003-01-19  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

On Jan 18,  6:22pm, Le Wang wrote:
} Subject: Re: case insensitive filename generation
}
}  --- Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:
} > }

@ 2003-01-18 23:22   ` Le Wang
From: Le Wang @ 2003-01-18 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

 --- Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:
> On Jan 18,  5:39pm, Le Wang wrote:
> }
> } zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list
> 'm:{a-z-}={A-Z_}'
> }
> } How would I do the exact same thing with filenames
>
> Does that zstyle not do what you expect for
> filenames?  If not, can you
> describe what does happen?
>
> Or is there some part of your question missing?
> Filenames, where/when?

Oops.

Yes.  This style does what I want for completion.  I'm

@ 2003-01-18 23:04 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2003-01-18 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

}

@ 2003-01-18 22:40 ` Le Wang
From: Le Wang @ 2003-01-18 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

 --- Le Wang <lewang@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi,

> I have case insensitive <tab> completion with this
> style:
>
> zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list
>
> How would I do the exact same thing with filenames,
> i.e. allow lower case letters to match lower or
> upper
> case filenames?

That is without inserting (#i) all the time.

--
Le

* case insensitive filename generation
@ 2003-01-18 22:39 Le Wang