zsh-users
* completion question
@ 2001-07-30  2:15 Eric D. Friedman
From: Eric D. Friedman @ 2001-07-30  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Does anyone have completion code that will exclude CVS directories
when I type `cd [TAB]'

I tend to have a lot of spare,deep directory structures in my CVS
modules, and it'd be nice to be able to press tab when cd'ing into
a directory that has only one non-CVS entry.

An example:

% cd <Module>/src/com/company/foo/bar/baz

There usually isn't anything else besides `CVS' at the `com' and `company'
levels and it'd be nice if I could just cd right on through.  I tried
fignore, but that seems to be for extensions only, not for complete names.

Thanks,
Eric

[parent not found: <20110602191951.566gmx1@mp009.gmx.net>]
* Completion Question
@ 2004-08-31 11:02 Sean Johnston
From: Sean Johnston @ 2004-08-31 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh-users List (E-mail)

I'm using 4.2.0 at the moment. I recently rejigged all my startup files and
am using all the completion stuff that comes with this version. Mostly
defaults everywhere.

However, how do I get completion to always offer a choice, even if what I
have already typed has an exact match? I noticed this with man pages
initially, which wasn't too bothersome, but now its annoying me with
directories.

_ marks the cursor position

% man zs_<tab>

becomes

% man zs _

What I would like would be for this to offer me the various zsh... man pages
for completion, but it seems to spot that there is an exact match for what
I've typed and just take that rather than offer me everything that begins zs
(including zs itself).

Sean.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by Xenicom delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.

* completion question
@ 2003-02-06  1:32 Le Wang
From: Le Wang @ 2003-02-06  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

Hi,

I have a script that is basically a proxy to run other commands and show the
output in a new xterm window, e.g.

~> xr make

In this case, how can I get the completion system to ignore "xr" and complete
for the command?

Ohh, and xr can take a single option --nopause, but the option should always
come before make.

I'm just starting out with the completion system, the complexity involved
seems, well, mind boggling.  What are some good resources?

Many thanks.

--
Le

* Completion question
@ 2002-08-09  6:51 Byron Foster
From: Byron Foster @ 2002-08-09  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello,

      I can't figure out how to configure the completion system so that
only directories are listed after typing 'rm -r ' at the command line,
but without the the '-r' option only list files.  Can I do this by only
using styles, or do I need to write an _rm function? Im using zsh 4.0.4

so far for only listing files I have

zstyle ':completion:*:complete:rm:*' file-patterns '*(^-/):files'

Of course this breaks 'rm -r'

Thanks,
Byron

* Completion question
@ 2002-06-11 11:40 jarausch
From: jarausch @ 2002-06-11 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi all,

is there any simple means to enable filename completion
in situations like this one

export PATH=/usr/local/lib/libper  <TAB>

I always have to first insert a blank after '='
and then remove it after completion.
Can I tell the completion system to 'split' after
a certain character (like '=') here.

Many thanks for a hint,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
Institute of Technology, RWTH Aachen
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

[parent not found: <20010704142951.B4036@dlux.hu>]
* completion question
@ 2001-07-04 10:57 dLux
From: dLux @ 2001-07-04 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello,

I liked  zsh in  the past, but  it is quite  annoying for  bash users,
that I cannot set the following behaviour:

I start  typing: "ls  bing", then I  go back to  the beginning  of the
word "bing",  and I type: "/u"  and I press tab.  Bash completes this,
and it will become "ls /usrbing", but zsh does not do anything.

Can anyone  helping with  this problem?  Can zsh be  set up  to behave
like bash?

Thanks in advance,

dLux
--