zsh-users
* delete character under the cursor with `dl' in 'vicmd' keymap
@ 2010-12-09  2:48 first name
From: first name @ 2010-12-09  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

while in vim `dl' will delete the character under the curosr,
zsh in vicmd mapping will delete only left to the cursor, how do i change it?

i know that i can use the `x' key, but i would prefer a vim-like solution..

cheers

* Re: delete character under the cursor with `dl' in 'vicmd' keymap
@ 2010-12-09  9:10 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2010-12-09  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Dec 9,  1:18pm, first name wrote:
} Subject: delete character under the cursor with `dl' in 'vicmd' keymap
}
} while in vim `dl' will delete the character under the curosr,
} zsh in vicmd mapping will delete only left to the cursor,
} how do i change it?

Hmm.  I just did:

schaefer<547> bindkey -v

followed by ESC to enter vicmd mode, k to recall the line, hhhhhh to
place the cursor over the "d", and then dl to delete, and I get:

schaefer<548> binkey -v

which certainly appears to have deleted the character under the
cursor.  So zsh is attempting to do the right thing.

The only place I can get it to fail is on the "v".  When the motion
for vi-forward-char can't be performed because we're at the end of
the buffer, the deletion can't be performed either.