zsh-users
* [bug] 1000G in vi-mode
@ 2003-02-07 21:16 Pavol Juhas
From: Pavol Juhas @ 2003-02-07 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh users

Hello,

I found the following bug in zsh 4.0.4:

If the current history number is less than 1000, zsh crashes after
1000G in vi command mode.

Also, I wonder if there is a way to completely reset history in the
interactive session and start from event 1?  It would be useful for
example in zcalc function, which re-reads the shell history.  Right now
each call increases the history number by $SAVEHIST.

Thank you all, zsh is amazing.

Pavol

* Re: [bug] 1000G in vi-mode
@ 2003-02-08 19:04 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2003-02-08 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh users

On Feb 7,  4:16pm, Pavol Juhas wrote:
}
} I found the following bug in zsh 4.0.4:
}
} If the current history number is less than 1000, zsh crashes after
} 1000G in vi command mode.

Hmm.  This appears to be a bug introduced in the 4.0 series.

In 3.0.7, `1000G' gives a feep.

In 4.0.6, it crashes here:

#0  0x806c307 in checkcurline ()
#1  0x806b1e3 in movehistent ()
#2  0x401a27aa in zle_goto_hist ()
#3  0x401a388e in vifetchhistory ()
#4  0x401a7697 in execzlefunc ()
#5  0x401a727d in zleread ()

In 4.1.0-dev-7, it neither feeps nor crashes.

} Also, I wonder if there is a way to completely reset history in the
} interactive session and start from event 1?

No, there isn't.