zsh-users
* Weird directory (cd)
@ 2014-04-21  5:07 meino.cramer
From: meino.cramer @ 2014-04-21  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

on a sdcard there is a directory which name looks like

    ##CARD#

when listed with 'ls'.

I did a

    cd \#\#CARD\#

and got back

cd:10: bad pattern: ##CARD#
zsh: exit 1

. Am I completly blind this morning or...

What do I wrong here?

Best regards,
mcc

* Re: Weird directory (cd)
@ 2014-04-21  5:22 ` Atom Smasher
From: Atom Smasher @ 2014-04-21  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meino.cramer; +Cc: zsh-users

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

> on a sdcard there is a directory which name looks like
>
>    ##CARD#
>
> when listed with 'ls'.
>
> I did a
>
>    cd \#\#CARD\#
>
> and got back
>
> cd:10: bad pattern: ##CARD#
> zsh: exit 1
>
> . Am I completly blind this morning or...
>
> What do I wrong here?
==================

try this:

  cd *CARD*([1])

or get more info about the dir:

  stat *CARD*

or if you really get stuck, this usually works:
  cd /path/to/files/<<TAB>>

and just keep TABbing until you see what you want.

--
         ...atom

  ________________________
  http://atom.smasher.org/
  762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

 	"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;
 	 like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never
 	 for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."
 		-- George Washington

* Re: Weird directory (cd)
@ 2014-04-21 13:50 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2014-04-21 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Apr 21,  7:07am, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
}
} I did a
}
}     cd \#\#CARD\#
}
} and got back
}
} cd:10: bad pattern: ##CARD#
} zsh: exit 1

Something has removed the backslashes.  Do you have an alias or function
for "cd", or a precmd or other hook that might reprocess the arguments?