zsh-users
* menu select behaviour
@ 2002-01-23  0:01 David Thiel
From: David Thiel @ 2002-01-23  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Question: Is there any way to default to vi keybindings when using
the menu select zstyle?  If not, would everyone agree that the
correct behaviour for it would be to look at the current keymap and
decide how to behave from that?

Thanks,
David

* Re: menu select behaviour
@ 2002-01-28 16:41 ` Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2002-01-28 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

David Thiel wrote:

> Question: Is there any way to default to vi keybindings when using
> the menu select zstyle?  If not, would everyone agree that the
> correct behaviour for it would be to look at the current keymap and
> decide how to behave from that?

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm not really sure I understand what you mean, though. Do you want to
be able to move the cursor inside menu selection with `j', `k', etc.?

You can always define that yourself with

  bindkey -M menuselect 'j' ...

and so on.

I'm not sure I'd like changing the behaviour of these keys in menu
selection even if the user normally uses vi keybindings, because such
`normal' keys currently should leave menu selection and immediately
execute the key's normal function which seems very sensible to me.

Bye
  Sven

--
Sven Wischnowsky                           wischnow@berkom.de