zsh-users
* zsh custom pipeline handler
@ 2016-03-31 10:53 disarmer
From: disarmer @ 2016-03-31 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

How can i define my own builtin, which can get pipeline, like zsh's
builtin "repeat"?

For example, i want my own repeat function, which will work like
builtin:
myrepeat 2 date|wc -l

Thank you in advance!

* Re: zsh custom pipeline handler
@ 2016-03-31 14:41 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2016-03-31 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Mar 31,  1:53pm, disarmer wrote:
}
} How can i define my own builtin, which can get pipeline, like zsh's
} builtin "repeat"?

You can't.  "repeat" isn't a builtin, it's a keyword, part of the
language syntax, and the shell language doesn't provide a way to add
new language elements at that level.   Even the zmodload system is
quite limited in what can be done in this regard.

Depending on exactly what you want to accomplish, you might be able
to use an alias to get close.  What is it that myrepeat would do?