zsh-users
* re; weird behaviour
       [not found] <1975184515.1725911.1462905377319.JavaMail.yahoo.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2016-05-10 18:36 ` david sowerby
From: david sowerby @ 2016-05-10 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Well I did some testing and loaded up some of the prompt themes - bart, pws and oliver in urxvt and still get the same effect :-)  Which would make me think that urxvt is the problem - except in xterm 'pws' and 'oliver' are ok and 'bart' gives the problem ??? So I'm stumped. It's not a big deal just an annoying mystery :-)  --------------------dave

Morality is doing what is right, no matter what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right.
                                                              H.L. Mencken

* Re: re weird behaviour
@ 2016-05-17 22:34   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2016-05-17 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: david sowerby; +Cc: Zsh Users

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 11:18 AM, david sowerby <d_sowerby@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bart, you nailed it again. Setting ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT to 1 indeed solved the problem.
> But checking the man page it states that if that wasn't set (which it wasn't) then it would default to 1
> Has that changed?

What's your $ZSH_VERSION?  There was at least one release wherein zsh
tried to intuit from the terminfo settings whether or not an indent
was needed.

* re weird behaviour
       [not found] <712001301.3700412.1463509109369.JavaMail.yahoo.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2016-05-17 18:18 ` david sowerby
From: david sowerby @ 2016-05-17 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

@ 2016-05-13 11:13   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2016-05-13 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 11:18 AM, david sowerby <d_sowerby@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bart for sending me in the right direction. It was my prompt, though not my PS1 but my RPS1.

Look at the doc for ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT -- you may need to set that to 1.

* re weird behaviour
       [not found] <788264234.1058959.1463077099280.JavaMail.yahoo.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2016-05-12 18:18 ` david sowerby
From: david sowerby @ 2016-05-12 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Thanks Bart for sending me in the right direction. It was my prompt, though not my PS1 but my RPS1. Once I moved that into my PS1 the problem went away.
But I don't see any reason for this, my RPS1 is pretty simple:
just gives me a red [error code]
Am I just not seeing something here?     ---------------------------dave