zsh-users
* man zshexamples (numbered for loop)
@ 1998-10-07  3:16 ` Sven Guckes
From: Sven Guckes @ 1998-10-07  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ZShell Users List

Whenever I look at the zsh manual, I wonder why there are no examples
for those simply things in (shell) life.  Just recently, someone asked
me how to do a loop with "for" on the number '1' to 'N' - and I had to
reread the manual to find the definitions for "list", "word" and "term".
Am I missing a manual on "zshexamples"?  I do hope so.

Sven

* Re: man zshexamples (numbered for loop)
@ 1998-10-07  5:14   ` Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1998-10-07  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

> Whenever I look at the zsh manual, I wonder why there are no examples
> for those simply things in (shell) life.  Just recently, someone asked
> me how to do a loop with "for" on the number '1' to 'N' - and I had to
> reread the manual to find the definitions for "list", "word" and "term".
> Am I missing a manual on "zshexamples"?  I do hope so.

It's primarily historical.  At one time, zsh had one big man page
(almost 100 pages long).  No one wanted to make it longer by
adding examples.

Since it has been split, no one has taken the time to go
through the individual pages and add examples.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman@math.gatech.edu