zsh-users
* "no such file" errors while sourcing config files
@ 1998-10-14 20:03 Roland Jesse
From: Roland Jesse @ 1998-10-14 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ZSH Users

Hello,

does anybody in the list have an idea why the following error occurs?

j.wh4-422 ~ % ls -l .zshrc.private
-rw-r--r--  1 j  user  217 14 Okt 21:58 .zshrc.private
j.wh4-422 ~ % . .zshrc.private
.: no such file or directory: .zshrc.private
j.wh4-422 ~ %

The version of zsh is 3.1.4. Any hints of what I am missing are
appreciated.

	Roland

* Re: "no such file" errors while sourcing config files
@ 1998-10-14 21:06 ` Gabor Ribarik
From: Gabor Ribarik @ 1998-10-14 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland Jesse; +Cc: zsh-users

Hello!

Roland Jesse wrote:
> Hello,
>
> does anybody in the list have an idea why the following error occurs?
>
> j.wh4-422 ~ % ls -l .zshrc.private
> -rw-r--r--  1 j  user  217 14 Okt 21:58 .zshrc.private
> j.wh4-422 ~ % . .zshrc.private
> .: no such file or directory: .zshrc.private
> j.wh4-422 ~ %

Try:
. ./.zshrc.private
Or add "." to your path.

> The version of zsh is 3.1.4. Any hints of what I am missing are
> appreciated.
>
> 	Roland

Gabor Ribarik
(ribarik@cs.elte.hu)

* Re: "no such file" errors while sourcing config files
@ 1998-10-14 21:11 ` Dan Nelson
From: Dan Nelson @ 1998-10-14 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ZSH Users

In the last episode (Oct 14), Roland Jesse said:
> Hello,
>
> does anybody in the list have an idea why the following error occurs?
>
> j.wh4-422 ~ % ls -l .zshrc.private
> -rw-r--r--  1 j  user  217 14 Okt 21:58 .zshrc.private
> j.wh4-422 ~ % . .zshrc.private
> .: no such file or directory: .zshrc.private
> j.wh4-422 ~ %

The manpage reads:

       . file [ arg ... ]
              Read commands from file and  execute  them  in  the
              current  shell  environment.  If file does not con-
              tain a slash, or if PATH_DIRS  is  set,  the  shell
              looks  in the components of path to find the direc-
              tory containing file.  Files in the current  direc-
              tory  are  not read unless "." appears somewhere in
              path.

So if you want to run a script in your current directory, run it like

. ./.zshrc.private

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com