zsh-users
* ssh completion problem
@ 2002-02-05 17:08 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2002-02-05 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

This has been bugging me for a while ... I mentioned it once before, but
Sven at that time said he couldn't reproduce it.  I've just finally got
around to doing a bit more digging.

The symptom is that, even though I have a `users-hosts' style (real account
names munged below to avoid email address harvesters) such as:

    zstyle ':completion:*:(ssh|scp):*:my-accounts' users-hosts \
       lll@bbb.com zzz@iii.com sss@zzz.com

when I complete after `lll@' I get offered all possible hosts from the
`hosts' style.  I want to be offered only `bbb.com' in that case.

(When I complete after just `l', it completes to `lll', then waits for
another tab.)

The problem is somehow related to this additional style:

    zstyle ':completion:*:ssh:*' tag-order my-accounts \
       'hosts:-host hosts:-domain:domain hosts:-ipaddr:IP\ address *'

If I take that out, the completion works as I expect in this case, but
of course then I don't get the separation of hosts into host, domain,
and ipaddr groups in other cases.

I'm sure I'm missing some obvious reason why the my-accounts tag can't
be used in the tag-order style.  It seems to work for the user part of
the completion, though; just not for the host part.  What's up?

* Re: ssh completion problem
@ 2002-02-05 17:38 ` Oliver Kiddle
From: Oliver Kiddle @ 2002-02-05 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer, zsh-users

Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:

> I'm sure I'm missing some obvious reason why the my-accounts tag
> can't
> be used in the tag-order style.  It seems to work for the user part
> of
> the completion, though; just not for the host part.  What's up?

The my-accounts tag is only used when _combination looks up the
users-hosts style and not ever with _tags (users, hosts etc are used
there) so it can't be used with tag-order.

There are a number of things about _combination that I'm not entirely
happy with. I have ideas and some semi-working code that I'll hopefully
get around to finishing sometime.

I'll pass on the main part of your question until I've had a chance to
play with a running zsh.

Oliver

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

* Re: ssh completion problem
@ 2002-02-06 12:18 ` Rik
From: Rik @ 2002-02-06 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 05:08:47PM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> The symptom is that, even though I have a `users-hosts' style (real account
> names munged below to avoid email address harvesters) such as:
>
>     zstyle ':completion:*:(ssh|scp):*:my-accounts' users-hosts \
>        lll@bbb.com zzz@iii.com sss@zzz.com
>
> when I complete after `lll@' I get offered all possible hosts from the
> `hosts' style.  I want to be offered only `bbb.com' in that case.
>
> (When I complete after just `l', it completes to `lll', then waits for
> another tab.)

That's exactly one of the things that was bothering me. I just complete
from an arbitrary list as so (using your example accounts):

_ssh_acounts () {
    compadd lll@bbb.com zzz@iii.com sss@zzz.com
}
compdef _ssh_accounts ssh:

It then seems to work the way I expect it to (which says nothing of the
correctness :))

--
PGP Key: D2729A3F - Keyserver: wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net - rich at rdrose dot org
Key fingerprint = 5EB1 4C63 9FAD D87B 854C  3DED 1408 ED77 D272 9A3F