zsh-users
* history menu completion?
@ 2002-08-16 23:51 vts
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: vts @ 2002-08-16 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Here is a scenario:

$ somecommand -with -fancy /options/and/a/long/path
$ somecommand -with -more -fancy /options/and/another/long/path
.

Now, if I do:

$ !somecom<TAB>

I'll get the following

$ somecommand -with -more -fancy /options/and/another/long/path

At this point, I would like to be able to hit <TAB> again to get:

$ somecommand -with -fancy /options/and/a/long/path

the same way it works for ambiguous filename completion.  Searches
have failed me: Is there a way to do this with zsh?

If not, there should be!