zsh-users
* forcing a carriage return with alias -g
@ 2002-11-24 18:04 Eric Smith
From: Eric Smith @ 2002-11-24 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I use aliases of the following form:

alias -g M='|more'

Is it possible to force a carriage return after the `more' so that I may just
press (say) `M' and the command will execute?

--
Eric Smith

* Re: forcing a carriage return with alias -g
@ 2002-11-24 21:31 ` Phil Pennock
From: Phil Pennock @ 2002-11-24 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Smith; +Cc: zsh-users

On 2002-11-24 at 19:04 +0100, Eric Smith wrote:
> I use aliases of the following form:
>
> alias -g M='|more'
>
> Is it possible to force a carriage return after the `more' so that I may just
> press (say) `M' and the command will execute?

bindkey -s M '|more\n'

--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
 We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -Bluemeat

* Re: forcing a carriage return with alias -g
@ 2002-11-24 22:17   ` Eric Smith
From: Eric Smith @ 2002-11-24 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Phil Pennock said: