zsh-users
* Problem with stty
@ 2002-12-10 22:33 Seth Kurtzberg
From: Seth Kurtzberg @ 2002-12-10 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

Hello all,

I've recently switched to using zsh and I have almost everything working very
well.  I have one problem that I haven't found a solution for.  When I put an
stty statement into my .zshrc file (for example, stty erase '^h'), it doesn't
impact the login window.  I believe I saw some email a while back about the
conditions under which zsh starts a sub-shell, and perhaps that is relevant;
perhaps the stty occurs in a child window that then immediately exits.

Regardless of whether this theory is correct, I need to figure out how to set
these parameters.

TIA

--
Seth Kurtzberg
M. I. S. Corp

* Re: Problem with stty
@ 2002-12-10 22:58 ` Dan Nelson
From: Dan Nelson @ 2002-12-10 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Seth Kurtzberg; +Cc: Zsh users list

In the last episode (Dec 10), Seth Kurtzberg said:
> Hello all,
>
> I've recently switched to using zsh and I have almost everything
> working very well.  I have one problem that I haven't found a
> solution for.  When I put an stty statement into my .zshrc file (for
> example, stty erase '^h'), it doesn't impact the login window.  I
> believe I saw some email a while back about the conditions under
> which zsh starts a sub-shell, and perhaps that is relevant; perhaps
> the stty occurs in a child window that then immediately exits.

Do you have 'ttyctl -f' in your startup (or system startup) script?

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com