zsh-users
* disabling exit
@ 2003-03-12 20:46 Eric Smith
From: Eric Smith @ 2003-03-12 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

How do I disable the command ect or <c-d> so that
I have a shell that cannot easily be exited?

--
Eric Smith

* Re: disabling exit
@ 2003-03-13 10:19 ` Thomas Köhler
From: Thomas Köhler @ 2003-03-13 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Smith; +Cc: zsh-users

Eric Smith wrote [2003/03/13 10:52]:
> How do I disable the command ect or <c-d> so that
> I have a shell that cannot easily be exited?

setopt ignore_eof

See "man zshoptions" :-)

Ciao,
Thomas

--
 Thomas Köhler Email:   jean-luc@picard.franken.de     | LCARS - Linux
     <><        WWW:     http://jeanluc-picard.de      | for Computers

* Re: disabling exit
@ 2003-03-13 13:59   ` Eric Smith
From: Eric Smith @ 2003-03-13 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Thomas Köhler said:
> Eric Smith wrote [2003/03/13 10:52]:
> > How do I disable the command ect or <c-d> so that
> > I have a shell that cannot easily be exited?
>
> setopt ignore_eof
>
> See "man zshoptions" :-)

Yeah I did but there was so much there, I gave up before
detecting this.

Also added:
alias exit='echo -e I wont go away'

So there we go... hopefully I can now press F4 and always
get a shell - weirdly I also added a 10 minute cron to
kill anything that uses the shell viz.

10,20,30,40,0 * * * * kill `ps ax|grep 'pts/4'|grep -v zsh|cut -d'p' -f1` 2>/dev/null

(I am a screen(1) user).

--
Eric Smith

* Re: disabling exit
@ 2003-03-13 15:01     ` DervishD
From: DervishD @ 2003-03-13 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Smith; +Cc: zsh-users

    Hi Eric :)

 Eric Smith dixit:
> Also added:
> alias exit='echo -e I wont go away'

    Won't work. Just type 'exit' (that way, with the quotes) and the
true 'exit', not the aliased one, will execute :((

    Better run 'disable exit'. You can always 'enable exit' again,
but... If you really need all that control, how about tweaking the
source code?. It's not very difficult and you get control over what
builtin commands are present and what not.

    Good luck :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736
http://www.pleyades.net & http://www.pleyades.net/~raulnac

* Re: disabling exit
@ 2003-03-13 22:35       ` Dennis Haney
From: Dennis Haney @ 2003-03-13 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

DervishD>     Hi Eric :) Eric Smith dixit:
>> Also added: alias exit='echo -e I wont go away'

DervishD>     Won't work. Just type 'exit' (that way, with the quotes)
DervishD> and the true 'exit', not the aliased one, will execute :((

DervishD>     Better run 'disable exit'. You can always 'enable exit'
DervishD> again, but... If you really need all that control, how about
DervishD> tweaking the source code?. It's not very difficult and you
DervishD> get control over what builtin commands are present and what
DervishD> not.

besides even with ignore_eof you can still press ctrl-d, just hold it
down long enough...

--
Dennis
use Inline C => qq{void p(char*g){

* Re: disabling exit
@ 2003-03-14  9:18         ` DervishD
From: DervishD @ 2003-03-14  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dennis Haney; +Cc: zsh-users

    Hi Dennis :)

 Dennis Haney dixit:
> besides even with ignore_eof you can still press ctrl-d, just hold it
> down long enough...

    Weird :7. I've tested in 4.0.6, holding C-d for a couple of
minutes and the shell just keeps telling me that I should exec
'logout' to log out ;))

    What version do you have? Under what OS?