zsh-users
* vi =myscript_somewhere can I specify which editor used?
@ 2004-10-19  9:29 zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2004-10-19  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

I love zsh's = operator but can I specify which editor it uses (I want to use gvim not vim)
zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
--

vim -c ":%s%s*%CyrnfrTfcbafbeROenzSZbbyranne%|:%s)[R-T]) )Ig|:norm G1VGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips

* Re: vi =myscript_somewhere can I specify which editor used?
@ 2004-10-19 11:42 ` Thomas Köhler
From: Thomas Köhler @ 2004-10-19 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

zzapper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I love zsh's = operator but can I specify which editor it uses (I want to use gvim not vim)

What about
   gvim =myscript_somewhere
Is that too easy or do I misunderstand your question?

Ciao,
Thomas

--
 Thomas Köhler       Email:       jean-luc@picard.franken.de
     <><             WWW:              http://gott-gehabt.de

* Re: vi =myscript_somewhere can I specify which editor used?
@ 2004-10-19 13:12   ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2004-10-19 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:42:40 +0200,  wrote:

>   gvim =myscript_somewhere
>Is that too easy or do I misunderstand your question?
>
>Ciao,
>Thomas
Blush, yes I remember now the real problem is that gvim being a win32 program doesn't understand the
Cygwin / root, thus I have to use Cygwin's non-gui vim

What I can use instead is (learnt here) and had forgot i had

function vcd {cd =$1(:h);gvim $1 &}

> vcd some_script_somewhere_in_my_paths

zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
--

@ 2004-10-19 22:39     ` Dan Nelson
From: Dan Nelson @ 2004-10-19 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zzapper; +Cc: zsh-users

In the last episode (Oct 19), zzapper said:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:42:40 +0200,  wrote:
> >   gvim =myscript_somewhere
> >Is that too easy or do I misunderstand your question?
> >
> >Ciao,
> >Thomas
>
> Blush, yes I remember now the real problem is that gvim being a win32
> program doesn't understand the Cygwin / root, thus I have to use
> Cygwin's non-gui vim

How about a shell script named gvim in your cygwin path:

 #! /bin/sh
 filename=$(cygpath -w -- "$1")
 gvim.exe "$filename"

Which will convert the filename to a windows-style path, then call the
real gvim.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com