zsh-users
* Problem when rebinding 'tab' key
@ 2004-10-27 10:52 DervishD
From: DervishD @ 2004-10-27 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

    Hi all :)

    If I do this:

    zle -C mycompleter expand-or-complete _mycompleter
    bindkey "^I" mycompleter

    function _mycompleter (){
        compadd -f - *
    }

    then completion doesn't work because compadd tries to match the
'tab' itself with the list of matches :((( It doesn't happen if I
bind '^O', for example, to the new widget. What I'm doing wrong? It
seems like the tab is being used and inserted instead of the list of
matches :????

    I use zsh 4.0.9 and no compsys. Thanks in advance :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736
http://www.dervishd.net & http://www.pleyades.net/

* Re: Problem when rebinding 'tab' key
@ 2004-10-27 11:02 ` DervishD
From: DervishD @ 2004-10-27 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

    Hi all :)

    Sorry for self-replying....

 * DervishD <zsh@dervishd.net> dixit:
>     then completion doesn't work because compadd tries to match the
> 'tab' itself with the list of matches :((( It doesn't happen if I
> bind '^O', for example, to the new widget. What I'm doing wrong? It
> seems like the tab is being used and inserted instead of the list of
> matches :????

    I did the wrong search in the mailing list archives, sorry. A
correct search gave zsh-users/6722 as an answer. I was almost sure I
had asked this question in the past (a year ago more or less), but
since I didn't find the message (due to the wrong search term), I
asked again. Sorry for the noise...