zsh-users
* Re: make check (still) waiting on Y01completion.ztst test.
@ 2004-10-30  7:46 Francis Derive
From: Francis Derive @ 2004-10-30  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Users zsh

That's it : I succeeded with the test by doing like a "clean" install,
in terms of my startup files which I renamed prior to ./.configure,
make, make check :) and make install.
Afterwards - in the new zsh version - renamed back these files
/etc/zshenv, ..., ~/.zshenv, ...

Francis.

May I ask you

@ 2004-10-31 23:02 ` DervishD
From: DervishD @ 2004-10-31 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francis Derive; +Cc: Users zsh

    Hi Francis :)

 * Francis Dérive <francisderive@mac.com> dixit:
> That's it : I succeeded with the test by doing like a "clean" install,
> in terms of my startup files which I renamed prior to ./.configure,
> make, make check :) and make install.

    Weird anyway, because zsh itself shouldn't be causing problems in
its own building. But I remember a problem I had with the tests due
to the contents of my PS1 :?

    I'll give a try ASAP to check. Thanks a lot :)

@ 2004-10-26 17:05 ` DervishD
From: DervishD @ 2004-10-26 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francis Derive; +Cc: Users zsh

    Hi Francis, bonjour :)

 * Francis Derive <francisderive@mac.com> dixit:
> Run make check fine till this :
> >./Y01completion.ztst: starting.
> And nothing more.

    I have exactly the same problem. It has to do, if I recall
correctly, with PTY handling. I cannot give more details because I
had the problem a long time ago and I simply forgot it :((

    A quick'n'dirty search in zsh-workers gives zsh-workers-19343 as
the message that started the thread last time I had the problem. I
Never solved it, unfortunately :((

@ 2004-10-26 16:40 Francis Derive
From: Francis Derive @ 2004-10-26 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Users zsh

Bonjour !

I run Mac OSX Panther 10.3.5.
Made a ./configure; make; without any extra.
Run make check fine till this :

> ./Y01completion.ztst: starting.

And nothing more.
Process gnumake inspection :

> Analysis of sampling pid 19774 every 10.000000 milliseconds
> Call graph:
>     284 Thread_110b
>       284 _dyld_start
>         284 0x2728
>           284 0xee18
>             284 0x15164
>               284 0x1550c
>                 284 0x1612c
>                   284 0x16b88
>                     284 0xc9a8
>                       284 0xb6d0
>                         284 wait4
>                           284 wait4
>
> Total number in stack (recursive counted multiple, when >=5):
>
> Sort by top of stack, same collapsed (when >= 5):
>         wait4        284
> Sample analysis of process 19774 written to file /dev/stdout
> Sampling process 19774 each 10 msecs 300 times

What should I do ? ^C and live like that - by going on with my install
? Any explanation ?

I should wait - too - for your advice.

Merci beaucoup.

Francis Derive