zsh-users
* Adding file name completions
@ 2011-01-25  5:50 Jean-Rene David
From: Jean-Rene David @ 2011-01-25  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello,

If I type a command name followed by <tab> and I find the completer for
that command doesn't complete filenames, is there a way to tell zsh to
add filename completion?

--
JR

* Re: Adding file name completions
@ 2011-01-25 19:43 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2011-01-25 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 00:50:08 -0500
Jean-Rene David <jeanrene.david@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I type a command name followed by <tab> and I find the completer for
> that command doesn't complete filenames, is there a way to tell zsh to
> add filename completion?

Your simplest bet is to have a separate function to complete files,
else you would need to modify the completion function directly.  The
following binds this to C-x f.

zle -C complete-file complete-word _generic
zstyle ':completion:user-expand:*' completer _user_expand
zstyle ':completion:complete-file:*' completer _path_files
bindkey '^xf' complete-file

--
Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@ntlworld.com>