zsh-users
* How many Active Zsh Frameworks?
@ 2016-03-05 12:50 zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2016-03-05 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi
I know of omz & Pretzo any more?

I have created a simple poll here https://twitter.com/dailyzshtip on 'how
do you use zsh?'

--
zzapper

---

* Re: How many Active Zsh Frameworks?
@ 2016-03-05 17:47 ` Andrew Janke
From: Andrew Janke @ 2016-03-05 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zzapper, zsh-users

On 3/5/16 7:50 AM, zzapper wrote:
> Hi
> I know of omz & Pretzo any more?
>
> I have created a simple poll here https://twitter.com/dailyzshtip on 'how
> do you use zsh?'

Antigen is another one that pops up frequently. You can find a whole
slew of them listed at https://github.com/unixorn/awesome-zsh-plugins.

* Re: How many Active Zsh Frameworks?
@ 2016-03-05 21:27   ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2016-03-05 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Andrew Janke <floss@apjanke.net> wrote in news:56DB1BB5.4010403
@apjanke.net:

> https://github.com/unixorn/awesome-zsh-plugins

looks like omz, pretzo and antigen in that order according to the star
count.
Early results of my  poll seem to suggest most zsh users do use a framework

--
zzapper

@ 2016-03-06 17:17     ` Sebastian Gniazdowski
From: Sebastian Gniazdowski @ 2016-03-06 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zzapper; +Cc: Zsh Users

Antigen is written in Advanced Bash Scripting guide style. It does
forks for its operations, which are slow. In my one test loading 40
plugins takes 4.906 seconds on Antigen. I would recommend you my
Zplugin:

https://github.com/psprint/zplugin

Written with cooperation with people from this mailing list, fast (0.6
seconds for the same 40 plugins, 0.3 seconds when using "light" mode)
and advanced (e.g. completions management, automatic plugin
compilation), supporting OMZ themes via snippet feature, keeping
$FPATH clean (for 40 plugins FPATH has 40 entries with all other
frameworks).

Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski

@ 2016-03-07 15:57 ` Marc Chantreux
From: Marc Chantreux @ 2016-03-07 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zzapper; +Cc: zsh-users

hello,

On Sat, Mar 05, 2016 at 12:50:16PM +0000, zzapper wrote:
> Hi
> I know of omz & Pretzo any more?

I made my own thing (actually it's the result of the evolution of 15
years of my .zshenv). the idea is to create a "standard library" with
keywords like die, warn, the yada operator (...) and to use pathdirs
(setopt ones) as namespace to share code.

It still lack of documentation but the idea is to be very minimal
so an experienced zsh user can get the point just reading the code.

the idea is documented here: http://zsh-uze.github.io/
my personnal uze           : https://github.com/eiro/uze
uze itself                 : https://github.com/zsh-uze/uze

regards

--
Marc Chantreux (eiro on github and freenode)
http://eiro.github.com/