zsh-users
* Invoke what most subtle thing, so that region_highlight+=( ) is in effect
@ 2018-06-10 18:54 Sebastian Gniazdowski
From: Sebastian Gniazdowski @ 2018-06-10 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

Hello,
I'm using zle -F to install handler to file descriptor obtained by <( ).

It seems to work very well, however I change region_highlight in the
handler, and the changes aren't rendered unless I call zle .redisplay
in the handler.

I'm worried that zle .redisplay is heavy, that it does too much and
can cause e.g. some blinking of command line, prompt.

So I decided to ask: does any other thing besides zle .redisplay have
the capability of making region_highlight in effect, rendered?

--
Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski

* Re: Invoke what most subtle thing, so that region_highlight+=( ) is in effect
@ 2018-06-10 20:06 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2018-06-10 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 20:54:54 +0200
Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I decided to ask: does any other thing besides zle .redisplay have
> the capability of making region_highlight in effect, rendered?

No, the highlighting isn't separate from the rest of the output, it's a
part of it.  I'm not sure most terminals allow much optimisation of
this, and we're very limited by the range of terminals that's out
there (see the various line wrap bugs).

pws