* peculiar zsh completion issue
@ 2019-11-09  4:44 Fourhundred Thecat
From: Fourhundred Thecat @ 2019-11-09  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

Hello,

I am experiencing a very peculiar issue with zsh completion:

On a server where dovecot is installed, suddenly zsh completion does not
work for any keyword containing the keyword "dovecot".

For instance:

  cd /etc/do<TAB>
  service do<TAB>
  chkconfig do<TAB>
  nano /etc/default/do<TAB>

Also, when I do just service <TAB>, then all possibilities are listed,
(ie, all executable files in /etc/init.d/) but dovecot is  not listed as
possible completion. As if it did not exist.

All of the above examples work for any other package / file / path.

If I try the same on a machine where package dovecot is not installed,
and just create dummy files in the paths:

  /etc/dovecot/
  /etc/init.d/dovecot
  /etc/default/dovecot

then completion works normally.

I am using zsh 5.7.1 on Debian Buster.

thanks,

* Re: peculiar zsh completion issue
@ 2019-11-09  5:07 ` dana
From: dana @ 2019-11-09  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fourhundred Thecat; +Cc: Zsh Users

On 8 Nov 2019, at 22:44, Fourhundred Thecat <400thecat@gmx.ch> wrote:
> On a server where dovecot is installed, suddenly zsh completion does not
> work for any keyword containing the keyword "dovecot".

Did you somehow add 'dovecot' (or some other pattern that matches it) to your
ignored-patterns style? Try something like...

  zstyle -L | grep -iE 'dove|ignored'

... and see if anything looks relevant

dana

* Re: peculiar zsh completion issue
@ 2019-11-09  5:23   ` Fourhundred Thecat
From: Fourhundred Thecat @ 2019-11-09  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

On 09/11/2019 06.07, dana wrote:
> Did you somehow add 'dovecot' (or some other pattern that matches it) to your
> ignored-patterns style? Try something like...
>
>   zstyle -L | grep -iE 'dove|ignored'

that's it !
I had dovecot in ignored-patterns

Sorry, my mistake. I can't remember how it got there.

But everything works now.

Thanks