zsh-users
* `zstyle '*' list-rows-first no` doesn't appear to work
@ 2024-01-24 13:25 Marlon Richert
From: Marlon Richert @ 2024-01-24 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

For example, in this environment:

% zsh -f
% autoload compinit
% compinit
% zstyle '*' list-rows-first no
%

No matter which completions I try (except for those that use _describe or
`compadd -ld`), they're always listed horizontally.

What am I missing?

* Re: `zstyle '*' list-rows-first no` doesn't appear to work
@ 2024-01-24 19:33 ` Mikael Magnusson
From: Mikael Magnusson @ 2024-01-24 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marlon Richert; +Cc: Zsh Users

On 1/24/24, Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@gmail.com> wrote:
> For example, in this environment:
>
> % zsh -f
> % autoload compinit
> % compinit
> % zstyle '*' list-rows-first no
> %
>
> No matter which completions I try (except for those that use _describe or
> `compadd -ld`), they're always listed horizontally.
>
> What am I missing?

no is the default, set it to yes to see a difference (which you will
only do if there is more than one column in the listing).

--
Mikael Magnusson

* Re: `zstyle '*' list-rows-first no` doesn't appear to work
@ 2024-01-25  8:36   ` Marlon Richert
From: Marlon Richert @ 2024-01-25  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikael Magnusson; +Cc: Zsh Users

The kind of behavior I was hoping for is to always list completions in a single column, using multiple columns only when they don’t all fit on screen.

Is that possible?