zsh-users
* strange completion
@ 2011-06-01 21:15 sergio
From: sergio @ 2011-06-01 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello.

I have the following problem:

% mkdir test
% cd test
% mkdir test test\ II # two big 'i'
% mkdir test/1 test/2
% touch test\ II/qwe
% ls test/<TAB>
1/  2/
qwe

zsh -f works fine, so this is my settings, I think.
Could you help me, what is wrong in my config?

--
sergio.

* Re: strange completion
@ 2011-06-02  2:46 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2011-06-02  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio, zsh-users

On Jun 2,  1:15am, sergio wrote:
}
} zsh -f works fine, so this is my settings, I think.
} Could you help me, what is wrong in my config?

Start eliminating parts of your config until the problem goes away.
One way to do this is by binary search; e.g., halfway through your
~/.zshrc file, put

return 0

If the problem goes away, it's somewhere in the second half, so you
move the "return" to 3/4 of the way through the file and try again.
Otherwise it's somewhere in the first half, so you move the "return"
to 1/4 of the way through and try again.  Keep moving the "return"
up or down by half the distance each time until you can find the
smallest section where the problem is gone when the return is above
it and there when return is below it.

* Re: strange completion
@ 2011-06-02 10:29   ` sergio
From: sergio @ 2011-06-02 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On 06/02/2011 06:46 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> return 0
Thank you. I thought this is known behavior and decided to ask, but it
was easy to find itself.

This is list-dirs-first bug.
If I comment this string:
zstyle ':completion:*' list-dirs-first true
all works fine.

--
sergio.