zsh-users
* Simple prompt theme
@ 2003-05-31  7:36 Dirus
From: Dirus @ 2003-05-31  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I've made a simple prompt theme that displays "user@host:path>" by default
in white but can accept up to two colors.  I use it with "cyan blue" but it
looks good with "red yellow" too, maybe I shouldn't leave the default color
white?  Anyway, it basically shows what the "redhat" and "suse" prompts do
but in a way that still allows people to set colors to brighten up their
prompt.  I'm not sure if I need this line, but the other themes seem to
have it (now that's peer pressure!):
prompt_opts=( cr percent )

I hope it doesn't bother anyone if I paste it at the end of this email.  I
could do a diff -u with an empty file but that doesn't make much sense.  I
suppose it's a bit much of me to even think others might want to use it
(but I'm proud of it), at least I didn't call it the dirus theme. ;)  I
hope this is the right mailing list for it (I didn't know if I should post
to workers or to users), and I hope no one minds the extra 2k in their inbox.

prompt_simple_setup:
# Created by Dirus

prompt_simple_help () {
   cat <<'EOF'
As it's name suggests, this prompt is designed to be small and to work
with all fonts, and yet still provide useful information.

This prompt is color-scheme-able.  You can invoke it thus:
   prompt simple [<text-color> [<punctuation-color>]]

The default color is just white and is intended to work on a black
background.  Simply use darker colors (such as black) for use on a
lighter background.
EOF
}

prompt_simple_setup () {
   local text_color=${1:-'white'}
   local _text="%{$fg_no_bold[$text_color]%}"
   local _other="%{$fg_bold[${2:-$text_color}]%}"

   PS1="$_text%n$_other@$_text%m$_other:$_text%~$_other>%{$reset_color%} "
   PS2="$_other>%{$reset_color%} "

   prompt_opts=( cr percent )
   precmd () { }
   preexec () { }
}

prompt_simple_preview () {
   if (( ! $#* )); then
     prompt_preview_theme simple
     print
     prompt_preview_theme simple green
     print
     prompt_preview_theme simple red yellow
     print
     prompt_preview_theme simple white yellow
     print
     prompt_preview_theme simple cyan blue
     print
     prompt_preview_theme simple green blue
   else
     prompt_preview_theme simple "$@"
   fi
}

prompt_simple_setup "$@"

* Re: Simple prompt theme
       [not found] <5.2.1.1.0.20030530233427.02681cc8@valenzud.inbox.email.ari zona.edu>
@ 2003-05-31  8:20 ` Dirus
From: Dirus @ 2003-05-31  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

At 12:36 AM 5/31/2003, I wrote:
>I've made a simple prompt theme...

I made a small change to add %_ to PS2 since that seems to show off the zsh
a bit more, and I also renamed _text and _other to just text and
other.  Rather than risk flooding the mailing list I'll just post it here:
http://www.u.arizona.edu/~valenzud/prompt_simple_setup

This URL will probably only be valid for another month or two (just graduated).