zsh-users
* Directory completion
@ 1998-10-27  2:00 Gossamer
From: Gossamer @ 1998-10-27  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I have cd aliased to 'c', and wanted to get it so it only completed
on directories ... the obvious seemed to be this:

compctl -g '*(/)' c

but it chokes on symlinks.  How do I get it to recognize symlinked
directories too?  I have quite a lot of them around.

bekj

--
: --Neophilic-Hacker-Grrl-Geek-Eclectic-Gay-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au  http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/

* Re: Directory completion
@ 1998-10-27  2:23 ` Michael Barnes
From: Michael Barnes @ 1998-10-27  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users; +Cc: gossamer

try:

compctl -g '*(-/)' c cd pushd

On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 02:00:13AM +0000, Gossamer wrote:

> I have cd aliased to 'c', and wanted to get it so it only completed
> on directories ... the obvious seemed to be this:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Geesh, and i though i was lazy :)

Mike

@ 1998-10-27  2:30   ` Bek Oberin
From: Bek Oberin @ 1998-10-27  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Michael Barnes wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 02:00:13AM +0000, Gossamer wrote:
> > I have cd aliased to 'c', and wanted to get it so it only completed
> > on directories ... the obvious seemed to be this:
> Geesh, and i though i was lazy :)

*laughs*  Actually I was simplifying.  It's this:

c() { builtin cd $1 && ls --color -p -s; }

bekj

--
: --Neophilic-Hacker-Grrl-Geek-Eclectic-Gay-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au  http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/
: Let me show you yesterday, the future in the sand.  Let me find
: eternity right here within your hands.  -- Cadhla

* Re: Directory completion
@ 1998-10-27  3:02 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1998-10-27  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gossamer, zsh-users

On Oct 27,  2:00am, Gossamer wrote:
> Subject: Directory completion
>
> compctl -g '*(/)' c
>
> but it chokes on symlinks.  How do I get it to recognize symlinked
> directories too?

There's a whole thread about this in the zsh-users archive.  Go to

	http://www.zsh.org/cgi-bin/mla/wilma/users

and search for

	completion on cd

The short answer is

	compctl -g '*(D-/)' cd

Leave out the D if you don't want to complete directories whose names
start with a "." character.