zsh-users
* ^C and history
@ 1999-01-21  5:17 Gossamer
From: Gossamer @ 1999-01-21  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

If I type in a command and press enter, then press ^C to halt
the command, the line typed doesn't go into the history buffer.

Since usually I'm ^C'ing because I mis-typed the command, I'd
prefer it was in the buffer to be edited.  Is there a way to
make this happen?

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/

* Re: ^C and history
@ 1999-01-21  6:09 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1999-01-21  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gossamer, zsh-users

On Jan 21,  5:17am, Gossamer wrote:
} Subject: ^C and history
}
} If I type in a command and press enter, then press ^C to halt
} the command, the line typed doesn't go into the history buffer.

That's odd.  If one types ^C -before- pressing enter, then the line won't
go into the history, but in my experience as soon as enter is pressed the
line is in the history.

Can you send a snippet of session transcript showing this in action?