zsh-users
* "Blame" file execution permissions
@ 2011-01-02 14:11 Julien Nicoulaud
From: Julien Nicoulaud @ 2011-01-02 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi all,
in a repository with multiple collaborators we have a file that should not
be executable, and someone keeps making it executable, certainly due to its
editor configuration.

Is there some way to blame the file for its execution permissions (and its
permissions in general) ?
Also, is there a way to force the file permissions (through gitattributes,
or whatever) ?

Regards,
Julien Nicoulaud

* Re: "Blame" file execution permissions
@ 2011-01-02 23:33 ` Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2011-01-02 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Nicoulaud; +Cc: zsh-users

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Julien Nicoulaud <julien.nicoulaud@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Is there some way to blame the file for its execution permissions (and its
> permissions in general) ?

If you mean the zsh-syntax-highlighting.git repository, just run "git log
-p" and look for the old/new mode lines.  You set the script executable in
your "Fix tokens followed by commands and aliases bug" commit.

..wayne..

* Re: "Blame" file execution permissions
@ 2011-01-02 23:39   ` Julien Nicoulaud
From: Julien Nicoulaud @ 2011-01-02 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wayne Davison; +Cc: zsh-users

No, it's another one, but I fixed the execution permissions on my other
repos before forgetting about it :) I knew who to blame for
zsh-syntax-highlighting ;)

I guess raw log + grep will be sufficient then.

@ 2011-01-02 23:42     ` Julien Nicoulaud
From: Julien Nicoulaud @ 2011-01-02 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wayne Davison; +Cc: zsh-users