zsh-users
* DEBUG signal triggered on tab-completion with compinit
@ 2012-04-03  6:25 James Pearson
From: James Pearson @ 2012-04-03  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Greetings.

I have a program I want to run prior to every command in the shell.
I'm doing this like so:

    $> trap './script.sh' DEBUG

When I have compinit run, tab-completion causes this script to
continuously be called.  Is there a way to prevent this while still
using compinit?

I could also use the precmd function, but that runs *after* my
commands, instead of before.

Thanks.
 - P

* Re: DEBUG signal triggered on tab-completion with compinit
@ 2012-04-03  6:47 ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2012-04-03  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

James Pearson wrote:
> I have a program I want to run prior to every command in the shell.
> I'm doing this like so:
[...]
> I could also use the precmd function, but that runs *after* my
> commands, instead of before.

So, you want `preexec()', right? ;)

Regards, Frank

* Re: DEBUG signal triggered on tab-completion with compinit
@ 2012-04-03 15:37   ` James Pearson
From: James Pearson @ 2012-04-03 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Terbeck; +Cc: zsh-users

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Frank Terbeck <ft@bewatermyfriend.org> wrote:
> James Pearson wrote:
>> I have a program I want to run prior to every command in the shell.
>> I'm doing this like so:
> [...]
>> I could also use the precmd function, but that runs *after* my
>> commands, instead of before.
>
> So, you want `preexec()', right? ;)

Sometimes I'm really silly.

Thanks. :)