zsh-users
* GLOB_SUBST not in man page
@ 2014-08-21 10:40 Jerry Rocteur
From: Jerry Rocteur @ 2014-08-21 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I'm trying to indentify a problem and noticed that I have globsubst set to
off but when I man zshoptions I don't find that option ?

Is it deprecated or just missing ?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

* Re: GLOB_SUBST not in man page
@ 2014-08-21 13:13 ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2014-08-21 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerry Rocteur; +Cc: zsh-users

Jerry Rocteur wrote:
> I'm trying to indentify a problem and noticed that I have globsubst set to
> off but when I man zshoptions I don't find that option ?
>
> Is it deprecated or just missing ?

Here's from my zshoptions(1):

    GLOB_SUBST <C> <K> <S>
           Treat any characters resulting from parameter expansion as being
           eligible for file expansion and  filename  generation,  and  any
           characters resulting from command substitution as being eligible
           for filename generation.  Braces (and commas in between) do  not
           become eligible for expansion.

Regards, Frank

* Re: GLOB_SUBST not in man page
@ 2014-08-21 13:15 ` Jérémie Roquet
From: Jérémie Roquet @ 2014-08-21 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerry Rocteur; +Cc: Zsh Users

> I'm trying to indentify a problem and noticed that I have globsubst set to
> off but when I man zshoptions I don't find that option ?
>
> Is it deprecated or just missing ?

It should be in the man:

$ man zshoptions | grep -A 4 GLOB_SUBST
       GLOB_SUBST <C> <K> <S>
              Treat  any  characters  resulting  from  parameter
expansion as being eligible for file
              expansion and filename generation, and any characters
resulting from command  substitu‐
              tion  as being eligible for filename generation.  Braces
(and commas in between) do not
              become eligible for expansion.

$ grep -A 6 GLOB_SUBST Doc/Zsh/options.yo
pindex(GLOB_SUBST)
pindex(NO_GLOB_SUBST)
pindex(GLOBSUBST)
pindex(NOGLOBSUBST)
item(tt(GLOB_SUBST) <C> <K> <S>)(
Treat any characters resulting from parameter expansion as being
eligible for file expansion and filename generation, and any
characters resulting from command substitution as being eligible for
filename generation.  Braces (and commas in between) do not become eligible
for expansion.
)

Maybe you're using an outdated man?

Best regards,