zsh-users
From: Ahmad Ismail <ismail783@gmail.com>
To: Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net>, d.s@daniel.shahaf.name
Cc: Zsh Users <zsh-users@zsh.org>
Subject: Re: completely disable zsh completion system
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 22:27:30 +0600	[thread overview]

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply.

I actually find completions easier than keybindinge or aliases. That is why
I was trying to write some completion functions. The zsh completion system
seemed very complex to me, That is why I was thinking of using fzf
completion. I also thought that if I write fzf completions then that will
be portable to bash as well. However, I found that fzf completion also
calls the zsh completion system. So I inferred that it will be complexity
over complexity.

I went through some books and am now comfortable with most of the concepts
(except tags) in zsh completion. So, I think I will stick to it for now.

Being said that, I will much appreciate it if someone kindly gives some
examples of tags in completion and explains how they are useful. (You can
find this question in the email subject "how to use tags in zsh completion
system". Sorry I do not know how to refer to another email that is why I am
writing like this. If possible then please also let me know how to refer to
another email).

*Thanks and Best Regards,Ahmad Ismail*