zsh-users
* show completion description in single line
@ 2020-10-18 18:28 Ahmad Ismail
From: Ahmad Ismail @ 2020-10-18 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

Hi All,

I have few multiline aliases for git. The suggestion looks like the
following:
[image: r/zsh - show completion description in single line]
<https://preview.redd.it/u7i8t5pe9wt51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=6335ca5e6027cab470f5a56b2979ca7c4055b4ed>

These multiline descriptions are draining my cognitive resources. Is there
any way I can trim the description to single line.

I think the function is:

(( $+functions[__git_aliases] )) ||

__git_aliases () {

local -a aliases

__git_extract_aliases

_describe -t aliases alias aliases $*

}

However, I am not sure how to do it actually. Being said that, a zstyle
solution will be much better for me.

*Thanks and Best Regards,Ahmad Ismail*