zsh-users
* Completion matching from the left first, then fuzzy
@ 2018-03-29  0:12 Eric Nielsen
From: Eric Nielsen @ 2018-03-29  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

I have the following matcher-list configuration:

    zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list 'm:{a-zA-Z}={A-Za-z}' '+r:|?=**'

It's case-insensitive, but most importantly for what I want to discuss, it does
a (default) match from the left first, then a fuzzy match.

I'm getting the following behavior when trying to complete `ef`:

    % touch abef abcdef
    % vi ef
    press <tab>
    % vi abef
           ^ cursor here
    press <tab>
    % vi abef
              ^ cursor here

Behavior is the same as described above even if I `setopt COMPLETE_IN_WORD`.

I would expect the following behavior, at least when `COMPLETE_IN_WORD` is
enabled:

    % touch abef abcdef
    % vi ef
    press <tab>
    % vi abef
           ^ cursor here
    press <tab>
    % vi abef
           ^ cursor here, and menu is displayed below
    -- file --
    abcdef abef

What am I missing in my configuration?

As expected, I get the following behavior when completing `ab`:

    % touch abef abcdef
    % vi ab
    press <tab>
    % vi ab
           ^ cursor here, and menu is displayed below
    -- file --
    abcdef abef

Cheers,
Eric Nielsen

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-03-29  0:12 UTC | newest]