zsh-users
* Re: need to read (to debug) zsh.core
@ 2002-08-12 14:32 Valery Kobrin
From: Valery Kobrin @ 2002-08-12 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: schaefer, zsh-users

Sorry, I was not enough precise.
`file zsh.core` says: zsh.core: OpenBSD/i386 core from 'zsh'.
zsh version 4.0.4, build from OpenBSD package zsh-4.0.4.tgz with the
pkg_add command which does everything automatically, not allowing to
make modifications, like: "configure --enable-zsh-debug".

You are right, gdb reads zsh.core somehow, but I could not extract from
it any useful information, like the line, on which the script crashed.
And gdb does not allow to debug zsh script.

So, now my question is: is there some way to debug large zsh script
like "C" or "C++" program?

Thanks,
Valery

From: Thorsten Haude @ 2002-08-16 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

Please send me each mail only once. Thank you.

* Valery Kobrin <vkobrin@hotmail.com> [02-08-12 17:05]:
>I'm sorry, I'm not so good with this, in order to understand what it'll
>give me, if I rename it (what? zsh.core file?).

Yup, rename it to 'core' and try again.

>As to DDD, as I know, it is not more than graphical interface for the
>real debuggers, so it cannot help much?...

You can use its file dialog to open the core file.

Thorsten
--
It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.
	- Voltaire

* Re: need to read (to debug) zsh.core
@ 2002-08-12 15:05   ` Valery Kobrin

From: Bart Schaefer @ 2002-08-12  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)