zsh-users
* Navigating the directory history list with the arrow keys
@ 2002-06-21 17:34 Hall Jeffrey S NPRI
From: Hall Jeffrey S NPRI @ 2002-06-21 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Dear zsh users,
    In the old days (~ '95), I used to have an alias or binding that allowed me to traverse the
directory history list created by the "dirs -v" command with the up and down arrow keys on
the keyboard. Is there a way to do this in the new zsh 4.0? Thanks.

"Up to this point White has been following well-known analysis. But now he makes a fatal error: he begins to use his own head." - GM Siegbert Tarrasch

* Re: Navigating the directory history list with the arrow keys
@ 2002-06-21 17:53 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2002-06-21 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hall Jeffrey S NPRI; +Cc: zsh-users

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Hall Jeffrey S NPRI wrote:

> Dear zsh users,
>     In the old days (~ '95), I used to have an alias or binding that
> allowed me to traverse the directory history list created by the "dirs
> -v" command with the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard. Is there a
> way to do this in the new zsh 4.0? Thanks.

Almost anything that was working seven years ago should still be working.

Other ways to do it in 4.0 would depends on what you mean by "traverse"
and precisely when you want this to happen.

* Re: Navigating the directory history list with the arrow keys
       [not found] <20020621174419.BWDN10934.fepA.post.tele.dk@pfepa.post.tele.dk>
@ 2002-06-23 20:18 ` Vagn Johansen
From: Vagn Johansen @ 2002-06-23 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

There is a contributed script, called cpd, on zsh.org that does this

  http://zsh.sunsite.dk/Contrib/scripts/users/wf/

A simple alternative is

  bindkey -s "\C-t" "dirs -v\rcd ~"

where you type a number and <enter> to select the directory

(Initially forgot to reply to the list also)

--
Vagn Johansen