zsh-users
* Asciinema for demonstrations/tutorials etc
@ 2022-04-22 18:58 zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2022-04-22 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh-Users List

Hi

Asciinema is very useful for creating little shell demos.

However it doesn't show that you've pressed tab or any other special key.

Any ideas or other tools?

zzapper

* Re: Asciinema for demonstrations/tutorials etc
@ 2022-04-22 19:39 ` Jérémie Roquet
From: Jérémie Roquet @ 2022-04-22 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zzapper; +Cc: Zsh-Users List

Hi,

Le ven. 22 avr. 2022 à 20:59, zzapper <zsh@rayninfo.co.uk> a écrit :
> Asciinema is very useful for creating little shell demos.
> However it doesn't show that you've pressed tab or any other special key.

Keys pressed can be stored in the cast, but unfortunately they are not
yet displayed; there's a long-opened issue for that:

  https://github.com/asciinema/asciinema-player/issues/79

> Any ideas or other tools?

Using screenkey in a video can help:

  https://www.thregr.org/~wavexx/software/screenkey/

… but of course you have a video then. I guess it's not too bad.

Best regards,

--
Jérémie

* Re: Asciinema for demonstrations/tutorials etc
@ 2022-04-24 15:14   ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2022-04-24 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh-Users List

On 22/04/2022 20:39, Jérémie Roquet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le ven. 22 avr. 2022 à 20:59, zzapper <zsh@rayninfo.co.uk> a écrit :
>> Asciinema is very useful for creating little shell demos.
>> However it doesn't show that you've pressed tab or any other special key.
> Keys pressed can be stored in the cast, but unfortunately they are not
> yet displayed; there's a long-opened issue for that:
>
>    https://github.com/asciinema/asciinema-player/issues/79
>
>> Any ideas or other tools?
> Using screenkey in a video can help:
>
>    https://www.thregr.org/~wavexx/software/screenkey/