zsh-users
* User Guide
@ 2024-04-26  5:56 nyaahilist
From: nyaahilist @ 2024-04-26  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi there! Sorry to be a bother if this is already a well known thing, but I was wondering if the Guide (the one that's supposed to be paired with the Manual) was ever going to be finished? Or is that like 100% abandoned at this point?

Thanks for your help!  Appreciate you all (*,,•ᴗ•,,)ꔛ‬ꕤ

* Re: User Guide
@ 2024-05-06  1:46 ` Lawrence Velázquez
From: Lawrence Velázquez @ 2024-05-06  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nyaahilist; +Cc: zsh-users

On Fri, Apr 26, 2024, at 1:56 AM, nyaahilist wrote:
> Hi there! Sorry to be a bother if this is already a well known thing,
> but I was wondering if the Guide (the one that's supposed to be paired
> with the Manual) was ever going to be finished?

I wouldn't wait around, if I were you.

--
vq

* Re: User Guide
@ 2024-05-06  2:02   ` Ray Andrews
From: Ray Andrews @ 2024-05-06  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On 2024-05-05 18:46, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2024, at 1:56 AM, nyaahilist wrote:
>> Hi there! Sorry to be a bother if this is already a well known thing,
>> but I was wondering if the Guide (the one that's supposed to be paired
>> with the Manual) was ever going to be finished?
> I wouldn't wait around, if I were you.

Well that's two of us who wish it were available.  Seriously tho, of
course it would be ten thousand hours of work.

nyaahilist:

Have you heard of Peter's book? "From Bash to Z Shell"?  It does serve
as a tutorial, tho unfortunately there's a lot of bash in it. (When I
bought it I thought the title meant 'converting from bash to zsh' --
helping you understand the differences.  Still, I recommend it.

* Re: User guide
@ 2002-06-23 19:24 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2002-06-23 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Stephenson, Zsh users list

On Jun 21, 10:18am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: User guide
}
} I've uploaded something for chapter 4 of the user guide

I'm reading through section 4.1, and it looks good so far.

One suggestion: In the paragraph where you're discussing `bindkey -me'
you might point people to Functions/Misc/zkbd which will tell them whether
and how their ALT and META keys work.

Typo: "At this point you are in the magic word of vi ..." I think should
say "... the magic world of ...".  Unless you know something I don't?
I've tried "open sesame" and "abracadabra" ...

Oops, out of time.  I'll have to read 4.2 etc. later.

* User guide
@ 2002-06-21  9:18 Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2002-06-21  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

I've uploaded something for chapter 4 of the user guide, on zle, at

http://zsh.sunsite.dk/Guide/

with minor formatting changes to the rest.  Next I hope to finish
chapter 7 and assemble the appendix (which will be essentially the
Meta-FAQ) before improving the formatting a bit and eventually add
texinfo and indexing support.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 392070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.