zsh-users
* Filename completion after equal sign for all commands?
@ 2002-11-20 14:10 Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2002-11-20 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Is it possible, using the new completing system, to force filename
completion after an equal sign?  For example, I'd like to force filename
completion to take place in cases such as in the following example
(indicated by <HERE> in the example) ...

  ./configure --prefix=<HERE>

I don't only want this to take place in the "configure" command, but in
any location of any command where an equal sign is typed.  This will
allow me to always enable filename completion for any "long"
command-line arguments for any and all commands, as well as in other
various and sundry places where equal signs are used.

I have looked through the mailing list archives and the documentation,
and I still haven't figured out how to do this.

Could someone point me to a configuration example, or perhaps let me
know the proper configuration commands?

Thank you very much, in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com

* Re: Filename completion after equal sign for all commands?
@ 2002-11-20 14:16 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2002-11-20 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

} Is it possible, using the new completing system, to force filename
} completion after an equal sign?

setopt magic_equal_subst

* Re: Filename completion after equal sign for all commands?
@ 2002-11-20 14:25   ` Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2002-11-20 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

"Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@brasslantern.com> writes:

> } Is it possible, using the new completing system, to force filename
> } completion after an equal sign?
>
> setopt magic_equal_subst

Thank you!  That did the trick.

--